Solari Scholarships are awarded competitively to high achieving incoming freshmen who have attended four years of high school in the state of Oregon and who come from middle income households. The Solari Scholarship provides $5,000 per year, for up to four years of undergraduate study. One hundred and twenty-five Solari Scholarships are available to incoming freshmen in 2013–14.
In order to receive consideration for the Solari Scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be an Oregon resident, who has attended four years of high school in the state of Oregon
- Be an incoming freshman graduating from an Oregon high school
- Have at least a 3.60 cumulative high school grade point average (GPA)
- Demonstrate financial need and meet middle income criteria as determined by the UO Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Apply for undergraduate admission to the University of Oregon by January 15, 2013.
- Complete the 2013-14 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 1, 2013. List the University of Oregon on the FAFSA (school code: 003223).
Selection for the Solari Scholarship is competitive and is based on the essay, academic transcripts and test scores included in the student’s UO Application for Undergraduate Admission. Financial eligibility will also be evaluated based on information provided on the FAFSA.
Solari Scholarships are renewable for up to 12 terms, providing recipients meet the following:
- Be enrolled in and complete a minimum of 12 UO credits per term
- Maintain a 3.00 UO grade point average
Notification of Awards
Recipients of Solari Scholarships will be notified by April 1, 2013.