Bernice Ingalls Staton established the Staton Scholarship Program in 2001 so students could further their education without financial burden. Approximately 12 Robert W. and Bernice Ingalls Staton Scholarships are awarded each year to incoming Oregon freshmen with extraordinary financial need. Scholars receive approximately $24,000 over four years.
For 2016-17, Staton Scholars received $6,550 per year, renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study.
Staton Scholarships are for incoming freshmen only. In order to be considered, you must meet these requirements:
- Be an Oregon resident
- Have extraordinary financial need
Preference is given to students who declare a major in the humanities, visual arts, education, or music.
How to Apply
- Submit the University of Oregon admission application postmarked by January 15, 2017.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the federal processor by February 15, 2017. List the UO as one of your choices. The school code is 003223.
Awards are based primarily on financial need. Other factors include the student’s major, professional objective, academic performance, and family educational history with priority given to first-generation college students.
Staton Scholarships are renewed annually, as long as recipients meet these criteria:
- Maintain good academic standing
- Make satisfactory progress toward completion of degree objective, completing no fewer than 12 credits each term of the academic year
Recipients of Staton Scholarships will be notified by April 1, 2017.