Presidential Scholarships are awarded competitively to outstanding incoming freshmen from Oregon. Approximately 50 freshmen receive this scholarship each year, and the awarding process is highly selective. Presidential Scholarships are made possible by the generous contributions of donors to the University of Oregon scholarship fund.
Presidential Scholars receive up to $36,000 over four years of undergraduate study—$9,000 per year.
- Oregon residents who graduate from an Oregon high school
- Incoming freshmen
- A minimum 3.85 cumulative high school grade point average on a 4.00 scale
- A minimum 1240 old SAT (math and critical reading scores only) or 1300 new SAT or 28 ACT. (Click here for more information about new vs old SAT and superscoring)
- A significant, demonstrated history of leadership and volunteer service activities
How to Apply
- Complete the online Presidential Scholarship Application by January 15, 2017.
- Apply for admission to the University of Oregon by January 15, 2017.
- Submit your high school transcripts and standardized test scores to the Admissions Office by February 15, 2017. Scores from the late January SAT will be accepted.
- Academic preparation as demonstrated by transcripts
- Test scores
- Activities and talents
- Volunteer service
- Work experience
Presidential Scholarships are renewed annually for up to 12 terms of undergraduate study over five years (excluding summer terms). For renewal, recipients must
- Be enrolled in and complete a minimum of 12 UO credits per term
- Maintain a 3.25 UO grade point average
Recipients of Presidential Scholarships will be notified by April 1, 2017.