Presidential Scholarships are awarded competitively to outstanding incoming freshmen from Oregon. Approximately 50 freshmen receive this scholarship each year, and the awarding process is highly selective. Presidential Scholarships are made possible by the generous contributions of donors to the University of Oregon scholarship fund.
Presidential Scholars receive up to $36,000 over four years of undergraduate study—$9,000 per year.
- Oregon residents who graduate from an Oregon high school
- Incoming freshmen
- A minimum 3.85 cumulative high school grade point average on a 4.00 scale
- A minimum 1240 combined math and critical reading SAT score or 28 ACT composite score
- A significant, demonstrated history of leadership and volunteer service activities
How to Apply
Complete the online Presidential Scholarship Application by January 15.Applications are now closed for the 2016-17 academic year.
- Apply for admission to the University of Oregon by January 15.
- Submit your high school transcripts and standardized test scores to the Admissions Office by February 15.
- Academic preparation as demonstrated by transcripts
- Test scores
- Activities and talents
- Volunteer service
- Work experience
Presidential Scholarships are renewed annually for up to 12 terms of undergraduate study over five years (excluding summer terms). For renewal, recipients must
- Be enrolled in and complete a minimum of 12 UO credits per term
- Maintain a 3.25 UO grade point average
Recipients of Presidential Scholarships will be notified by April 1.