Summit Scholarships reward scholars for reaching the peak of high school achievement. You'll scale even greater heights as you join the UO's tradition of excellence.
The Summit Scholarship awards Oregon top scholars $24,000 over four years—$6,000 per year. Due to the difference in tuition, out-of-state top scholars will receive $36,000 over four years—$9,000 per year. The Summit Scholarship can be combined with other UO scholarships, including the Presidential, Diversity Excellence, and General University Scholarships. Summit Scholarships may not be combined with the Apex Scholarship. Students enrolled in five-year degree programs will receive the Summit Scholarship for a fifth year. These degrees include BFA (Fine Arts), BLA (Landscape Architecture), BIARC (Interior Architecture), and BARCH (Architecture).
You must enroll at the UO in the fall term of your freshman year and you must enroll in 12 University of Oregon credits each term to receive this award.
Summit Scholarships are awarded to incoming freshmen based on these criteria:
- Minimum 3.80 high school GPA on a 4.00 scale (students who receive an International Baccalaureate diploma at the completion of high school may waive the GPA minimum requirement)
- Minimum test scores: 1190 old SAT (math and critical reading scores only) or 1260 new SAT or 26 ACT. (Click here for more information about new vs old SAT and superscoring)
- Have not attended another college after high school graduation
Note: If you do not meet the above criteria, you may qualify for the Apex Scholarship.
How to Apply
You will be automatically considered for the Summit Scholarship—no separate application is required. Simply:
- Apply for admission by January 15, 2017
- Meet the criteria with transcripts and test scores on file with the Office of Admissions by February 15, 2017
All admission application materials, including test scores, must be received by the February 15, 2017 document deadline.
Scores from the late January SAT will be accepted. Electronic submission of scores is preferred. When you take the test, list the UO as one of your score recipients. Our school code number for the SAT is 4846; our code for the ACT is 3498.
Summit Scholarships are renewable for up to 12 academic terms (excluding summer) within a five-year period, or 15 academic terms within a six-year period for students seeking a BFA, BLA, BIARC, or BARCH degree. Renewal awards require a minimum 3.00 cumulative UO GPA and completion of 12 credits per term / 36 credits per year.