General University Scholarships are awarded on the basis of scholastic achievement, and selection is highly competitive. They are made possible by the generous contributions of many individuals to the University of Oregon.
Individual awards for 2014-15 ranged from $1,500–$3,000 and are given for one year only.
Unless exceptional circumstances exist, applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.50 to be considered.
How to Apply
Incoming freshmen are automatically considered for General University Scholarships by completing the undergraduate admission application by January 15, 2015.
No separate General University Scholarship application is required for incoming freshmen.
All Non-Freshman Applicants
- Complete the online General University Scholarship Application by February 15, 2015. The application will be available beginning October 15.
- Request that an instructor or professor submit the faculty recommendation form along with a letter of recommendation to the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships by February 25, 2015.
Incoming Transfer, Graduate, and Law Applicants
In addition to completing the online General University Scholarship application and submitting the letter of recommendation, incoming transfer, graduate, and law applicants must do the following:
- Submit the application for admission—including a $50 nonrefundable fee, official transcripts, and test scores—by February 15, 2015.
- Submit all supporting admission documents to the Office of Admissions by February 25, 2015.
- Academic performance based on review of transcripts from all past institutions and UO academic records (if applicable)
- SAT I or ACT scores (for freshmen)
- Extracurricular involvement
- Faculty recommendation (for continuing, transfer, graduate, and law students)
- Writing ability
- Creativity as demonstrated in the essays
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
General University Scholarships are awarded for one year only. Students are encouraged to reapply each year.
Freshmen recipients will be notified by April 1. Nonfreshman recipients will be notified by May 15.