General University Scholarships are awarded on the basis of scholastic achievement, and selection is highly competitive. They are made possible by the generous contributions of many individuals to the University of Oregon.
Individual awards for 2017-2018 will range from $1000 - $3,000 and will be awarded for one year only.
3.50 cumulative GPA for undergraduate and graduate students; 3.25 cumulative GPA for law students.
How to Apply
Incoming freshmen are automatically considered for General University Scholarships by completing the undergraduate admission application by January 15, 2017.
No separate General University Scholarship application is required for incoming freshmen.
All Non-Freshman Applicants
Submit the General University Scholarship Application by February 15, 2017. The 2017-18 General University Scholarship application is now closed. In addition to the online application, all applicants must complete the following to receive full review:
- Request that an instructor or professor submit the faculty recommendation form along with a letter of recommendation to the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships by February 24, 2017.
- If you are a transfer student, new graduate applicant, or a new law applicant you are also required to submit the following:
- An application for admission to the University of Oregon submitted by February 15, 2017
- Official Transcripts must be received by the Office of Admissions by February 24, 2017. (Incoming graduate students will need to provide transcripts to the Office of Admissions even if they have already supplied them to their academic department)
- Academic performance based on review of transcripts from all past institutions and UO academic records (if applicable)
- SAT or ACT scores (for freshmen)
- Extracurricular involvement
- Faculty recommendation (for continuing, transfer, graduate, and law students)
- Writing ability
- Creativity as demonstrated in the essays
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
General University Scholarships are awarded for one year only. Students are encouraged to reapply each year.
Freshmen recipients will be notified by April 1. Nonfreshman recipients will be notified by May 15.