The Stamps Scholarship—the University of Oregon’s most prestigious and generous undergraduate scholarship—is awarded competitively to outstanding incoming freshmen from Oregon. Twenty students—five per year—will be awarded this merit-based scholarship by the Stamps Family Charitable Foundation in partnership with the University of Oregon.
Stamps Scholars receive UO tuition, room, and board for four years of undergraduate study. Recipients will also benefit from up to $12,000 in enrichment funds to be used over four years to help them pursue study abroad, unpaid internships, or other experiences. The total award is approximately $110,000 over four years.
In addition to unprecedented levels of financial support, Stamps Scholars are automatically granted admission to the University of Oregon's Robert D. Clark Honors College.
- Oregon residency
- Graduation from an Oregon high school
- Incoming freshman
- A minimum 3.85 cumulative high school grade point average on a 4.00 scale
- A minimum 1240 old SAT (math and critical reading scores only) or 1300 new SAT or 28 ACT. (Click here for more information about new vs old SAT and superscoring)
- Demonstrated leadership, perseverance, scholarship, service, and innovation
How to Apply
Complete the online Stamps Scholarship Application by November 1, 2016. The 2017-18 Stamps Scholarship application is now closed.
The Stamps Scholarship Application is a separate application from the admissions application to the University of Oregon. To be considered for this scholarship you must:
- Apply for admission to the University of Oregon by November 1, 2016
- Complete the Stamps Scholarship Application by November 1, 2016
- Submit your high school transcripts and standardized test scores to the Admissions Office by December 1, 2016
By completing the Stamps Scholarship Application, you are also applying for the Presidential Scholarship and do not need to complete a separate application for consideration.
- Academic preparation as demonstrated by transcripts
- Test scores
- Activities and talents
- Demonstrated leadership, innovation, and perseverance
- Volunteer service
- Work experience
- Four short-answer essay questions
Selection to receive the Stamps Scholarship is highly competitive. The University of Oregon will interview up to 15 semifinalists at the University of Oregon campus in January. Finalists will then be interviewed by the Stamps Family Charitable Foundation who will make the final selection of five recipients.
Stamps Scholarships are renewed annually for up to 12 terms of undergraduate study over five years (excluding summer terms). For renewal, recipients must
- Be enrolled in and complete a minimum of 12 UO credits per term
- Maintain a 3.25 UO grade point average
Recipients of Stamps Scholarships will be notified by March 15, 2017.