The Stamps Scholarship—the University of Oregon’s most prestigious and generous undergraduate scholarship—is awarded competitively to outstanding incoming freshmen from Oregon. Twenty students—five per year—will be awarded this merit-based scholarship by the Stamps Family Charitable Foundation in partnership with the University of Oregon.
Stamps Scholars receive UO tuition, room, and board for four years of undergraduate study. Recipients will also benefit from up to $12,000 in enrichment funds to be used over four years to help them pursue study abroad, unpaid internships, or other experiences. The total award is approximately $110,000 over four years.
In addition to unprecedented levels of financial support, Stamps Scholars are automatically granted admission to the University of Oregon's Robert D. Clark Honors College.
- Oregon residency
- Graduation from an Oregon high school
- Incoming freshman
- A minimum 3.85 cumulative high school grade point average on a 4.00 scale
- A minimum 1240 combined math and critical reading SAT score or 28 ACT composite score
- Demonstrated leadership, perseverance, scholarship, service, and innovation
How to Apply
The Stamps Scholarship Application is CLOSED for the 2014–15 cycle. If you met the November 1 deadline and have yet to submit your transcripts or test scores to the Office of Admissions, you must do so by November 22 to remain in consideration for the Stamps Scholarship. You may still apply for the Presidential Scholarship through January 15, 2014.
- Academic preparation as demonstrated by transcripts
- Test scores
- Activities and talents
- Demonstrated leadership, innovation, and perseverance
- Volunteer service
- Work experience
- Four short-answer essay questions
Selection to receive the Stamps Scholarship is highly competitive. The University of Oregon will interview up to 15 semifinalists. Finalists will then be interviewed by the Stamps Family Charitable Foundation who will make the final selection of five recipients.
Stamps Scholarships are renewed annually for up to 12 terms of undergraduate study over five years (excluding summer terms). For renewal, recipients must
- Be enrolled in and complete a minimum of 12 UO credits per term
- Maintain a 3.25 UO grade point average
Recipients of Stamps Scholarships will be notified by March 15.