The Stamps Leadership Scholarship—the University of Oregon’s most prestigious and generous undergraduate scholarship—is awarded competitively to outstanding incoming freshmen from Oregon. Twenty students—five per year—will be awarded this merit-based scholarship by the Stamps Family Charitable Foundation in partnership with the University of Oregon.
Stamps Leadership Scholars receive UO tuition, room, and board for four years of undergraduate study. Recipients will also benefit from up to $12,000 in enrichment funds to be used over four years to help them pursue study abroad, unpaid internships, or other experiences. The total award is approximately $110,000 over four years.
In addition to unprecedented levels of financial support, Stamps Leadership Scholars are automatically granted admission to the University of Oregon's Robert D. Clark Honors College.
- Oregon residency
- Graduation from an Oregon high school
- Incoming freshman
- A minimum 3.85 cumulative high school grade point average on a 4.00 scale
- A minimum 1240 combined math and critical reading SAT score or 28 ACT composite score
- Demonstrated leadership, perseverance, scholarship, service, and innovation
How to Apply
The Stamps Leadership Scholarship Application is a separate application from the admissions application to the University of Oregon. To be considered for this scholarship you must:
- Apply for admission to the University of Oregon by November 1, 2015
- Complete the Stamps Leadership Scholarship Application by November 1, 2015
- Submit your high school transcripts and standardized test scores to the Admissions Office by December 1, 2015
By completing the Stamps Leadership Scholarship Application, you are also applying for the Presidential Scholarship and do not need to complete a separate application for consideration.
- Academic preparation as demonstrated by transcripts
- Test scores
- Activities and talents
- Demonstrated leadership, innovation, and perseverance
- Volunteer service
- Work experience
- Four short-answer essay questions
Selection to receive the Stamps Leadership Scholarship is highly competitive. The University of Oregon will interview up to 15 semifinalists at the University of Oregon campus sometime in January2016. Finalists will then be interviewed by the Stamps Family Charitable Foundation who will make the final selection of five recipients.
Stamps Leadership Scholarships are renewed annually for up to 12 terms of undergraduate study over five years (excluding summer terms). For renewal, recipients must
- Be enrolled in and complete a minimum of 12 UO credits per term
- Maintain a 3.25 UO grade point average
Recipients of Stamps Leadership Scholarships will be notified by March 15.