At the University of Oregon, the term “Dreamers” refers to Undocumented, DACA-mented, Tuition Equity, and students of mixed status families.


Since DACA and undocumented students are ineligible to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), we recommend they submit the Oregon Student Aid Application (ORSAA).

By submitting the ORSAA, DACA and undocumented Oregon residents may be eligible for state grant funding and can demonstrate financial need for scholarships like the Diversity Excellence Scholarship.

DACA and undocumented students that are not Oregon residents can still submit the ORSAA to demonstrate financial need for scholarships that require it, such as the Diversity Excellence Scholarship, but will be ineligible for state grant funding.



DACA and undocumented incoming freshmen are automatically considered for the following institutional scholarships, based on their admission materials:


Students are also welcome to apply for the following institutional scholarships:

There are also several scholarship opportunities available through the OSAC Scholarship Application.


Tuition Equity

DACA and undocumented Oregon residents can be exempt from paying nonresident tuition and fees by completing and submitting the Tuition Equity Affidavit to the Office of Admissions.

Nonresidents of Oregon are ineligible for Tuition Equity and are subject to nonresident tuition and fees.


Mixed Status Families

Students that are U.S. Citizens or eligible non-citizens and whose parents do not have a social security number are still eligible to submit the FAFSA. When you encounter the FAFSA question asking for your parent’s Social Security Number (SSN), enter all zeroes (e.g. 000000000).

A student whose parent cannot obtain a Parent PLUS Loan due to not having a Social Security Number is allowed to borrow additional unsubsidized Stafford loan amounts. Please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships for instructions on how to proceed.