The University of Oregon Home Flight Scholarship covers full tuition and fees for undergraduate Oregon residents who are enrolled citizens of a federally recognized tribe.
This scholarship is a part of the larger Home Flight Scholars Program which recognizes the cultural and academic challenges experienced by American Indian/Alaska Native students, enhances mentorship opportunities and develops a culture-rich program for students to help them launch successful academic careers.
Recipients of the Home Flight Scholarship are eligible to have their tuition and fees covered through a combination of federal grants, state grants, and university grants and scholarships for their undergraduate study. Expenses for housing, food, books, etc., are not covered.
Students must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Be a full time undergraduate UO student working toward their first bachelor's degree
- Be an Oregon Resident for tuition purposes*
- Be an enrolled citizen of one of the 574 federally recognized Tribes
- Have a FAFSA or ORSAA on file for the application year (regardless of financial need)
- Submit a Home Flight Scholarship Application
*Learn more about Residence Classification for Members of Oregon Tribes.
How to Apply
Current UO students may log in to the application with their DuckID. You must apply no later than the last day of the term to be considered for an award that term.
Incoming UO students: You must first apply for Admission to the University of Oregon. Within a week of submitting your admissions application, you will receive an email invitation to enter the UO Scholarship Dashboard. You may then follow the link above to apply for the Home Flight Scholarship.
Home Flight Scholars do not need to reapply each year. Follow these steps to maintain eligibility:
- Submit a FAFSA or ORSAA for each school year and satisfy any outstanding Financial Aid requirements
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Register for full-time enrollment (12 or more UO credits) each term by the Financial Aid Census date (the last day to add a class).
Complete terms and conditions can be found in this document.