Established by the late Jane and Roscoe "Rock" Logan, the Logan Scholarship program was established to benefit financially needy students seeking a degree in education with the intention to teach in public schools. The scholarship will provide funding to nearly 100 undergraduate and 10 graduate students attending the University of Oregon each year.
Undergraduate Student Awards
The Logan Scholarship will provide support to
- freshmen and sophomores majoring in pre-education
- juniors and seniors majoring in educational foundations
Each undergraduate scholarship will provide $6,000 annually.
In 2018–19 and beyond, undergraduate awards will be made to incoming freshmen only.
- Apply for 2018-19 admission to the University of Oregon by January 15, 2018
- Provide all academic transcripts and standardized test scores (SAT or ACT) to the Office of Admission by February 15, 2018
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the federal processor no later than March 1, 2018. List the UO as one of your choices. The school code is 003223.
The Logan Scholarship is renewable for one, two, or three years based on student grade level at the time of awarding. For renewal, recipients must
- Be enrolled in and complete a minimum of 12 UO credits per term
- Maintain a 3.00 UO grade point average
Graduate Student Awards
The Logan Graduate Mentor Award will support graduate students pursuing the UOTeach licensure program or special education at the University of Oregon. The awards will provide $10,000 to students selected to serve as mentors to undergraduate students in the College of Education.
- Logan Scholarship Applicants will need to complete the general College of Education Scholarship Application found on theCollege of Education scholarship website. The application is due February 1, 2018.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the federal processor no later than March 1, 2018. List the UO as one of your choices. The school code is 003223
Logan Graduate Mentors may receive the award for one year only.