The Stamps Scholarship—the University of Oregon’s most prestigious and generous undergraduate scholarship—is awarded competitively to outstanding incoming domestic freshmen. Approximately ten students, five Oregon residents and five out-of-state students, will be awarded this merit-based scholarship annually. This scholarship is provided by the University of Oregon in partnership with the Stamps Scholars Program.
Oregon resident Stamps Scholars receive UO resident tuition, fees, room, and board for four years of undergraduate study. Out-of-state recipients receive non-resident tuition and fees. All recipients benefit from up to $12,000 in enrichment funds to be used over four years to help pursue study abroad, unpaid internships, or other experiences. The total award provides approximately $125,000 over four years.
In addition to unprecedented levels of financial support, Stamps Scholars are guaranteed admission to the University of Oregon's Robert D. Clark Honors College.
- Incoming domestic freshman
- A minimum 3.85 cumulative high school grade point average on a 4.00 scale
- Demonstrated leadership, perseverance, scholarship, service, and innovation
How to Apply
The Stamps Scholarship application is a separate application from the admissions application to the University of Oregon. To be considered for this 2022-2023 scholarship you must:
- Apply for admission to the University of Oregon by November 1.
- Watch your e-mail for an invitation to enter the UO Scholarship Dashboard. The first invitations will be sent in early September.
- Complete the Stamps Scholarship Application within the UO Scholarship Dashboard by November 15.
- Submit all required admission application materials to the Office of Admissions by November 15.
- Academic preparation
- Activities and talents
- Demonstrated leadership, innovation, and perseverance
- Volunteer service
- Work experience
- Four short-answer essay questions
Selection to receive the Stamps Scholarship is highly competitive. The University of Oregon will interview semifinalists at the University of Oregon campus in late January. Finalists are then interviewed by the Stamps Scholars Program before final selections are made.
Stamps Scholarships are renewed annually for up to 12 terms of undergraduate study over five years (excluding summer terms). For renewal, recipients must:
- Be enrolled in and complete a minimum of 12 UO credits per term.
- Maintain a 3.25 UO grade point average.
Recipients of Stamps Scholarships will be notified by March 1.