Presidential Scholarships are awarded competitively to outstanding incoming freshmen from Oregon. Approximately 50 freshmen receive this scholarship each year, and the awarding process is highly selective. Presidential Scholarships are made possible by the generous contributions of donors to the University of Oregon scholarship fund.
Presidential Scholars receive up to $36,000 over four years of undergraduate study—$9,000 per year.
- Oregon residents who graduate from an Oregon high school
- Incoming domestic freshmen
- A minimum 3.85 cumulative high school grade point average on a 4.00 scale
A minimum 1300 SAT or 28 ACT(no test scores required for Fall 2021 applicants)
- A significant, demonstrated history of leadership and volunteer service activities
How to Apply
To apply for the 2021-2022 year:
- Apply for admission to the University of Oregon by January 15.
- Watch your e-mail for an invitation to enter the UO Scholarship Dashboard. This happens within one week of submitting your application for admission.
- Complete the online Presidential Scholarship Application within the UO Scholarship Dashboard by February 1.
- Submit all required admission application materials to the Office of Admissions by February 15.
- Academic preparation
- Activities and talents
- Volunteer service
- Work experience
- Four short-answer essay questions
Presidential Scholarships are renewed annually for up to 12 terms of undergraduate study over five years (excluding summer terms). For renewal, recipients must
- Be enrolled in and complete a minimum of 12 UO credits per term
- Maintain a 3.25 UO grade point average
Recipients of Presidential Scholarships will be notified by April 1.
Complete terms and conditions can be found here.