Updated September 28, 2020
Financial Aid and Scholarships staff can be reached as follows:
- Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 2–3 business days for email responses.
- Via phone at 541-346-3221 Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m.–noon and 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Via Virtual Drop-In Counseling, Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m.–noon and 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
If you need to submit any outstanding documents, you may drop them off in the financial aid office, Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. You may also upload them to our contact form. You may also mail documents to the address below or fax documents to 541-346-1175. Please be sure to label each page with the student’s name and ID number for expedited processing.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
1278 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1278
Online Drop-In Advising (10–15 minutes via Microsoft Teams)
Monday–Friday, 10:00 a.m.–noon and 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
The Office of Student Financial Aid is now offering virtual drop-in counseling appointments via Microsoft Teams. These appointments are short 10-15 minute appointments designed to address your immediate financial aid questions and concerns.
You may request to be added to the Virtual Drop-In Queue using the button below, or by calling our office and requesting to be added to the Virtual Queue during counseling hours, Monday-Friday: 10:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. Students will be assisted on a first-come, first served basis. The queue may close early if capacity is reached.
Join our Queue for Virtual Drop-In
To use these chat functions, you will need to either use a laptop/desktop computer or have Microsoft Teams downloaded on your mobile device.
Prepare for Your Virtual Drop-In Counseling Session:
- Online Drop-In Advising will occur over the phone or computer/smartphone using Microsoft Teams. “Teams” is free to the UO community. Please download Microsoft Teams to your smartphone and/or computer.
- If you haven’t already, set up your Microsoft Teams account with your UO e-mail address.
- When a counselor becomes available, the counselor will call you via Teams. If we are unable to get in touch with you through Teams, the counselor will call you at the phone number you provided.
- Please note, when drop-in availability fills for the day, the queue will be closed.
Fall CARES Act Grant
Eligible students who are enrolled at UO for fall that have expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus may apply for CARES Act grant funding. Application review will begin in late October.
If you have questions about the university bill, payment arrangements, charges, or registration holds, please contact the Student Billing department at 541-346-3170 or via email at email@example.com.