Online Drop-In Advising (10–15 minutes via Microsoft Teams)
***Please note, the last opportunity to check-in for virtual drop-in appointment will be 15 minutes prior to end of drop-in hours in the morning and afternoon.
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 9:00 a.m.–11:45 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.–3:45 p.m.
Tuesdays 1:00 p.m.–3:45 p.m.
Fridays 9:00 a.m.–11:45 a.m.
The Office of Student Financial Aid is now offering virtual drop-in counseling appointments via Microsoft Teams. These appointments are short 10-15 minute appointments designed to address your immediate financial aid questions and concerns.
You may request to be added to the Virtual Drop-In Queue using one of the buttons below, or by calling our office and requesting to be added to the Virtual Queue during counseling hours, Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. Students will be assisted on a first-come, first served basis. The queue may close early if capacity is reached.
To use these chat functions, you will need to either use a laptop/desktop computer or have Microsoft Teams downloaded on your mobile device.
Prepare for Your Virtual Drop-In Counseling Session:
- Online Drop-In Advising will occur over the phone or computer/smartphone using Microsoft Teams. “Teams” is free to the UO community. Please download Microsoft Teams to your smartphone and/or computer.
- If you haven’t already, set up your Microsoft Teams account with your UO e-mail address.
- When a counselor becomes available, the counselor will call you via Teams. If we are unable to get in touch with you through Teams, the counselor will call you at the phone number you provided.
- Please note, when drop-in availability fills for the day, the dropin queue will be closed
Prospective Student Information
- The UO FAFSA/ORSAA priority submission deadline is March 1
- UO’s FAFSA school code is 003223
- Financial Aid offers for prospective students who have filed a FAFSA or ORSAA will be distributed beginning in March
- To be eligible for scholarships, prospective incoming first-year students must apply for Admission by January 15
If you have questions about the university bill, payment arrangements, charges, or registration holds, please contact the Student Billing department at 541-346-3170 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.