Congratulations! Based on the information you provided on your application for admission and your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you have been selected as a PathwayOregon scholar.
What is PathwayOregon?
PathwayOregon is our promise to cover your full tuition and fees for four years at the University of Oregon through a combination of federal, state, and institutional grants and scholarships. You will not have to pay back these funds.
As a PathwayOregon student, you’ll also receive comprehensive academic and personal support:
- Academic advisors dedicated to your success.
- Workshops designed to help you pursue your academic goals and explore exciting opportunities, including study abroad.
- Learning support, including free tutoring.
- Opportunities to connect with your Pathway Oregon peers.
How Does It Work?
PathwayOregon covers your tuition and fees. Your Financial Aid offer includes federal, state, and UO grants and scholarships. These will completely cover your tuition and fees. Students who receive Financial Aid can better understand their award by going through these three steps:
1) Review your Financial Aid Offer on DuckWeb
2) Identify Grants and Scholarships
Identify the grants and scholarships that will be used to pay your tuition and fees. These make up the PathwayOregon offer:
- Federal and State Grants:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal SEOG
- Oregon Opportunity Grant
- UO Grants:
- UO Tuition Waiver
- UO Scholarships:
- Diversity Excellence
- General UO Scholarship
3) Identify Remaining Resources
Identify remaining resources that can be used to pay for housing, books, and other expenses. Many students rely on outside scholarships, work-study, and loans to cover these costs.
- Federal Loans:
Loans provide funding that you have to pay back after graduation.
- Federal Direct Subsidized
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS
- Other Scholarships:
Scholarships offered by UO academic departments and off-campus providers can generally be used to cover these expenses.
- Federal Work Study:
These funds are only available to students who are hired for a work-study job.
Maintain Your Program Eligibility
PathwayOregon offers are renewed each year for up to three additional years (excluding summer terms). You must meet these requirements each year to remain eligible. To remain eligible for funding and support through the PathwayOregon promise, you must:
- Qualify for the Federal Pell Grant
- Complete the FAFSA by the UO priority deadline
- Meet satisfactory academic progress standards.